Are you looking for a great alternative to Vanspace?
A painful task is designing a van without guidance or software. Most 3d design software requires a certain amount of design skills.
Free is something that I don’t know about. I have gone through different RV groups and forums to get user reviews.
I have tried all of them and have found similar software to Vanspace.
What Are You Thinking About the Van Life Trend?
Vanlifers have successfully taken remote living to the next level, depending on their profession and lifestyle. RVers spend a lot of time living off-road for long periods.
It is not appropriate for a factory-made van to offer customization for long stays.
In addition, owners want to give a personal touch, so they need to check how customization will look before contacting an affordable van customization company.
There is software like Vansapce that comes into action here.
Without prior design experience, Vanspace helps you create 3D interiors. It is possible to visit your setup before investing in it, as it can turn out to be expensive and not worth it.
Vanspace is the most suitable platform to modify your vehicle. You can personalize van design in a few minutes, but it comes with a price.
To assist you with your budget and requirements, I have arranged a list of free Vanspace 3D alternatives.
Different Vanspace Alternatives
There is a free 3D modeling and visualization tool called SketchUp. It was founded by two men in 1999 and is owned by a company.
It is the second most popular software after Vanspace 3D, which has several extensions and additional tools to design better.
SketchUp can be downloaded for Windows and Mac operating systems and is an easy-to-use canvas for beginners. SketchUp is a useful software for mechanical engineers and architects.
I looked at the potential of SketchUp in the van customization market after I downloaded it. Does Sketchup have the potential to beat Vanspace?
The only difference you find is that vanspace offers pre-customized designs, whereas SketchUp asks you to design from scratch.
It is free to use the web version. It has a personal and professional plan as well.
- 2D & 3D visualization & animations
- Offers the best presentation
- Assists extensions and plugin factors
- In-depth details
- Structural Management
- Plugins as Addons
- Design Data
- Own customization
- 30 days free trial for commercial purposes – This feature is not available in Vanspace
- Free to use for individuals
- 100+ professionally-developed extensions
- Easy to use
- Available for both Windows and Mac
- Allows to check design as a preview
- Factual measurements
- Proposes blends of 3D models testifier
- Easy communication
- Community feature to get new ideas
- Experience your design in VR
- Requires experience in design
- Doesn’t sync with the vehicle design.
- Limited themes available
- No pre-customized designs
- Limited features in the free version
- You have to decide if you want to work with the application or the website. You can either download the application or start with the website.
- The workspace should be prepared by checking out essential tools and beginning the designing process.
- Most users work on interiors only and there are no pre-made designs for the interior design.
- Get familiar with the shapes that are available and check them out to make the best out of them.
- As per your requirements, use the shapes and tools to modify a design. The first thing you need to do is create a layout for the van.
- You should take your time to get used to the environment, and then you should be good to plan limitless layouts.
It can be difficult for beginners or those who have never worked with any design tool. It is important to give yourself time to understand and work efficiently.
There is no fee for individual use of SketchUp. The professional plan ranges from $119 to $299 per year.
An American software company specializing in architecture, engineering, and other industries offer interior design-focused software called Autodesk Architecture, also known as ACA.
Before camper conversion goes to final change, the architectural compositions and great visualization of this software are used.
You might need to give time to learn the basics before designing your dream vehicle. You can start from the ground up with an attractive layout.
A variety of designs can be designed in pre-designed formats, which can help you quickly change them.
This software has a 30-day free trial period and a money-back guarantee.
- 2D drawing accessible
- 3D modeling functional
- Great visualization
- Helps in manufacturing setup
- BIM modeling
- Display system
- 8,000+ architectural components
- Different toolsets
- The user has the option to draw to scale.
- Precise drawing and measurements
- Easy to change errors
- Data can be stored and transferred easily.
- Easy layout & dimensions
- Provides clear view angles
- It allows you to work with people.
- Lacks the 3D feature
- 3D drawings are a bit hard
- Rendering feature absent
- There are many commands in the input. As a beginner RVer, it wasn’t easy.
- It is simple to use on all devices. You can start with either the mobile app or the web app.
- You can start creating your designs with the help of toolsets and architectural components.
- Take a look at the design and correct any errors.
- You can export your designs and secure your data.
- A lot of third-party apps and industry-specific tools are also accessible.
A bundle of $235 monthly, $1865 annually, or $5,315 for 3 years is what the ACA comes with.
Tinkercad 3D modeling is vastly used software after Vanspace 3D. The software was found by Kai and Mikko. It can be run on the web browser for free.
Special features like custom code, artificial intelligence, electronics, and augmented reality have been added to Tinkercad after it was acquired by Autodesk.
Special features such as electronics can help in wireframing van or bus electronics, so I think they are useful.
- Transformation and scaling of objects are easy
- Secured environment
- Endless shapes improvement
- Object transformation
- Proper alignment
- Creates duplicates
- Excellent camera controls
- Offers shapes & object modification
- 2d & 3d import
- Allows to share project
- Free of cost
- Friendly interface
- Cordial with 3D printing
- Must-have tools available
- Trusted by millions of users
- Excellent customer support
- Before you start designing, you need tool awareness.
- Being a cloud platform, internet speed is important.
- It is sometimes difficult to follow commands.
- Visit the website
- If you have all the necessary shapes and tools, you should plan your design.
- If the shapes are not in line with your requirement, you can arrange or design them.
- The shapes should be changed using the scale for the measurement.
- Once done, combine all your shapes to make a complete design.
Thinkercad is free to use for personal and professional reasons.
Which Van Design Software Is Better?
The offers provided by the Vanspace app don’t match the ones provided by the free-to-use software.
Pre-build templates for customizing van or skoolie are available at Vanspace. Vansapce has all of the requirements at a small cost, and beginners prefer it.
As you go through different free-to-use software, you should have a question in mind: Which software should you use and why?
I’ve responded to both queries.
Similar features with different canvases and additional features can be found in SketchUp, Autodesk, and Tinkercad.
Seeing your requirements, all 3 apps work well, except you might need to learn. Vanspace 3D is preferred over other free software because of ease and custom van features.
If you cannot afford Vanspace 3D premium services, you should consider other platforms.
Joe lives and breathes cars and trucks. After many years working in the Auto industry, he decided that it is only right to share his knowledge with the public. As a qualified expert in trucks and cars, he started working for Truckile.com and is the main editor and publisher.